11.09.2006

Time for a Makeover!

Kiddies - quick note to you all:

I hereby announce there will a slight formate change to the Nightly Rants. We are gonna take it up a notch, and make it a tad more formal. This should help eliminate the boredom and accusations of lameness, as well as give some focus to my meandering rambles.

Starting Saturday (the next day I plan to be with internet, assuming my plans succeed), you will find articles on a variety of Kenyan/Peace Corps/General subjects.

Truly, this will all be self-serving. It's my more secret plan that these articles (essays, if you will) will be saved up for later use in my memoirs. I think it is a requirement that all RPCVs attempt to become rich from books they write post service. Most of you know what sort of samaki I got running this joint, and know I could never dredge my life back from memory alone. (yikes!) Of course, I'll be acquiring a witty editor to help make it the most desirable book on the shelves.

[I do want to acknowledge that my reading addiction has included a number of memoirs, which may have induced this delusion of granduer. Whatever. David Sedaris, you rock my world, even if you make me giggle too loudly while pretending to research AIDS.]

Yea, so, get yourselves ready. Essay #1 will be "Route 11". Look for it on webpages near you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope you keep this blog going. I for one would like to hear more of what you do each day and even more about the bats, if that is the biggest animal you see! What kind of shoe are you wearing??

jo said...

I'm w/my sista, don't stop writing the day to day stuff! It keeps me going! xoxoxo