9.23.2004

I survived!

I survived 3 nights of work! Whoopee! My brain melted and I've not drank this much coffee in years, but I survived! Seriously, I do NOT understand how those gals can do 3 nights in a row, each week, in addition to life, and still survive! I was a zombie! Oh, and once again, I slept through my Monday class. Do you know how embarrassing it is to sleep through a 2pm class? I have a legit excuse (work), but most people aren't aware, and it's a pain to explain. That makes 2 times, now. My professor laughed at me when I went to apologize. The Democrats attempted to have a party at the UpFront last night. Turned out to be fairly boring. The music was good, of course, as it was everyone's favorite, local hippie music. But, I was expecting some campaigning. Some rallying of the masses! Here we are, here are the issues, here's a big cheer for Kerry & Edwards. But, no, there was just a little table with voter registration (important, of course) and some stickers and pins. I missed getting a Theresa & Elizabeth pin, but finally got a bumper sticker. So, we went down to Remie's for an after-drink and told Russ about the occasion. We all agreed he can and should do a better job. 'Which party parties hardest?' would be the theme. One day of Dems, one day of Repubs, and I suppose, a day for any other parties. (I think there might be some Libertarians or Greens around here...) Keep an eye out!

No comments: