6.19.2005

Week, In Review

My summer employment has taken a step forward. I'm an office girl now, joining the commuters Monday through Thursday. My boss is so laid back, he doesn't care when I show up or take off, so I've been able to plan my day around rush hour. It's not a fun or smooth drive (my god, the potholes and construction site are going to EAT MY CAR), but it could absolutely be worse. I'm still in the recruiting business, but now I'm strictly in the IT field, and I get to make calls and send emails. oooooohh.

The office is below a Starbucks, which would be a major hazard, if not for the killer coffee machine in the kitchenette. I drink the 'Dark Magic' blend, which is not quite espresso strength. I'm thinking, and this is just a hunch, that the amount of crazystrong coffee I consume at work is related to the insomnia I suffered all last week. There *may* be a connection, but the report is not yet in. I'll let y'all know.

I'm road-tripping this weekend (24-27) to the great white north. I'm hoping for nice hot weather again, as I'm dying to be on the beach. All I keep reading about here is the bacteria levels in the nearby lakes and beaches, and how it's not safe for anyone to swim or, as of today, even play in the sand. And that's, of course, if you feel like driving to find a people-beach and then want to pay to get access. I like free, clean, safe to use beaches with safe to use water and room to spread out.

Outside of beaching, there's the bars. I miss the bars. A couple of my girls are still in town, and I am so ready to get out and dance. I know the town will be near empty, but, I also know that my friends aren't the type to care if the dance floor is full or not. We will make it full. ...And being able to afford the drinks...!! $2 instead of $4, liquor you can taste, ... oh man!

Marky-Mark isn't going to be there, and I'm not pleased. He's promised to try and visit soon, though, even if it's somewhere north, in the middle. Damn, I miss that boy. The gas prices are actually rising again, and I'm not pleased. We are taking Hugo's auto, Hannah, and she gets better miles than Bonnie at last check. In Bonnie, I can usually get from the driveway to the university on exactly one tank of gas. She's been losing that though, and it has taken a tank and a half the last coupls of trips. Maybe a miracle will happen and prices will drop for the weekend, and gas will only cost $1.50. Imagine!

No comments: