9.25.2005

Long weekends

This weekend has felt crazy long. Weird. Especially as I was actually doing things. Normally that shortens the weekend, but not this time. The review:

Work - Mike, Chadd and Chadd2/Tim (or the ever-entertaining "Frick and Frack") all were in NYC for a boys only pj party. Isn't that the cutest ever? Then BossMan leaves on Wed, PReal on Thurs midday, the Greek split before lunch on Friday, with Jason just after. Made for a D-Liciously quiet week. Mmmmm :)

Home - Got the new room painted. It's a light yellow that strongly resembles the color of butter. I think it's a great color that really opens the room, brightens things. I'm working on a cloudy ceiling, and got the border done. Someone threw away the last rollerbrush, though, so the rest will have to wait until I go shop. Upstairs got Spazz to clean (CLEAN!!!), and we are getting a new pal on the 1st.

Weekend - Went to the island on Friday, mellow night in with the 'rents and without Spazz. Saturday was cool, around the house, some simple stuff. Came back to RO to see the end of the cleaning (!!!) and do the painting. Went out that night with Upstairs and Hugo. A tour of RO -O'Toules (mediocre [sp?] and full of yuppies), 5th Ave (in and out too quick to get a drink), Goodnight Gracies (decided it was the perfect place for a great date, just need to work on getting said great date; the bartender is heavy handed, and the music was pretty good), Memphis Smoke (has potential), and finally to Gusoline Alley (for those in the know, it's a sibling of Remy's).

Today I got over my anxiety to get into Caribou (do I honestly look like I'm in my 30's???) to get the NYTimes crossword. Got some good coffee and another page to this letter I'm working for my Luvr. Went to Borders with 2 books in mind and couldn't find either. Not a helper in the store, not a computer helper thing, not any assistance. Left empty handed, unlikely to return.

Alright, whatever. I'm done.

No comments: