2.10.2005

Field Trip!

I went on a field trip yesterday, with Sr. Hugo, to Wayne State. What fun! It started off rocky: D-Town was in the midst of an evil blizzard, with almost an entire inch of snow on the ground and more falling by the minute. Egads! An hour and a half ride, creeping, crawling, occassionally sliding in that rear-wheel ride, and we arrived at our destination. Let the games begin!

WSU has security issues, and so a passcard is required almost everywhere you go. (Un)fortunately, the guards don't look closely enough to realize I am not the man on the card I waved as I entered the unusual building. Nor do they seem to enforce many of the rules they post, including the "Silent 3rd floor -no talking, no noise, nada" or the "No bags in the bookstore" policies.

I spent time searching the internet for graduate schools -I've about 8 right now, reading magazines, observing the diversity of the city, studying for the GRE and generally flexing my brain. It was amazing -12 hours later, on the ride back home, I could actually feel a difference. I could feel my neurons snapping and crackling with electricity, like the wires of a city home whos power has just been reconnected.

Next week, I plan to see art! I will find and visit the student art gallery and, if time permits, take in what little the DIA has left us, in this time of reconstruction.

Mmmm..... Aarrrrrt.

No comments: