5.31.2005

Blud

I dragged Mr. Hugo to la Cruja Roja today. It was gonna be a fun "together" activity. I was so happy to have finally convinced him to give blood. (This took several months of work) And what happens when we get there??

No, he didn't wimp out; he bravely went forward to face the needle. But me? I get rejected!!

Grrr...! I was SO disappointed. Instead of losing a pint, I picked up an adorable shirt, the new pin for '05, and got to watch Hugo endure his first time at the needle. Lucky for him, he apparently has gigantic veins that have just been dying for a needle. It seemed easy work for the nurse, but then, they are professionals. We will skip the details on the story, for personal reasons, but I will go ahead and say he got it all in the first attempt. Mayhaps he will be brave enough and bold enough for a return trip in August?

The holiday weekend was great. Weatherwise, no, but, I got to see some family. My paternal family is so wildly different from my maternal family... It's amazing. Mind-blowing sometimes. But it cranks up the adventure scale and keeps things fresh. I smoked my first cigar there, with my family all puffing on a Stogie of their own. Yes, mum too. It must've made an odd scene, which, thinking on it now, I'm sorry we didn't get a group shot. Just a bunch of individual pics. Darn.

No comments: