2.19.2006

Better in Theory

Idea:

Unite Pod-Power to babysit two adorable infants (2-months and 3-months) for a few hours on a Saturday night. Drink some wine, eat some food, dress up the babes to take silly pictures, etc. Maybe get some cuddle action from these tiny little people.

Reality:

3:2 is the minimum ratio of grown-ups to babies for attending to infants. 4:2 might be better. It was a cute idea to heat up food that would only be eaten cold. Turns out, infants don't like for grown-ups to be seated and comfortable. You must be standing, moving, bopping, dancing, and otherwise jostling the child at all times.

They may not speak, but these babies had the power to communicate and quickly devised an evil plan: 'I'll scream for a while, so you can eat/sleep/relax. Then, we switch! You scream and let me get some time to eat/sleep/relax.' I was amazed at the teamwork!

Seriously, though, it was a good adventure. A nice reminder that I don't want a baby of my own, a chance to 'bond' with my podners, and ... well, did I mention how adorable those babies are?

No comments: