2.13.2006

I don't go to sleep to dream

Nothing to report, which is why there's been nothing... Sorry. Life's gotten boring this past few weeks.

Hugo has a new website, which looks pretty damn good. It's almost perfect -well, is IS perfect for the ultra-hip that have Mozilla's FireFox browser. (like me!) And almost perfect for everyone else. I especially dig the DTE skyline up at the top. Good use of cropping, amigo! See him at www.mattplusplus.com

Work is lame. It's almost the end of our quarter and we're hoping like hell to hit a mere 80% of our number. I really don't get into this commission thing, this -wait, no. That was a lie. I like the commission, which is business language for extra money (surprise money, to me, as no one said I'd be getting any!). What I don't like, is having to make a pre-determined amount of money in a pre-determined amount of time. I'm just not the salesman type. At all.

My car has been acting up. First, she was lurching and jolting at stops, so I paid a guy 90 buck to tighten by battery cables. When that didn't work, I got my spark plug wires changed by another guy who only charged 30 bucks. Then, just last Saturday, my serpentine belt split and wedged on to the tensioner, which had welded itself stuck. We had to cut the damn thing off just so we could drive to the shop. It was a nice reminder that the guys who developed power steering deserve a big, fat smooch-a-roonie for the ease they have offered modern drivers.

Mostly, these days, I'm just consumed with the urge to nap and the freakish realization that my Kenya departure day is getting close. I have a ton of shit to get done before then, and all I want to do is sleep.

No comments: