3.16.2007

Cross Sector

Today is Friday, the final day of our annual Cross Sector meeting. It's just that magical opportunity for PCVs from all sectors (by which I mean Public Health, SED/ICT, Education & BCC) to get together, listen to lectures, share info, meet each other, and get our counterparts out of the village.

Highlights:

  • A rompin' round of Presidents & Assholes.
  • My fight with an obnoxiously drunk Indian who felt it okay to call me a slut, but was angry when I called him an ass for cheating on his wife.
  • Flu shot that left a huge, red, hot patch on my arm. Big thanks to PC/DC for that requirement.
  • Chilling with the new CD, Ken P., who has been turning out to be a groovy dude.
  • Learning Kenyan Sign Language
Housing update:

Bomet is out, as there is no housing. Ziwa is out, as there is no housing. Burnt Forest, Kakamega, Busia and Siaport (sp?) are all options that will be explored next week. I Begged the people at XSector to recommend a site for me. Kibet says it worked, as a number approached him with info on other sites. Keep your fingers crossed...

Weekend plans:

Going back to the G7 house for more daquaris, baked yummies and movies. Then, St. Patty's in Kisumu, hopefully with green beer. Sunday I'll travel to Nairobi, maybe by train, maybe not. Monday is the Gender & Development (GAD) meeting, and I plan on being elected on to the committee.

No comments: