10.17.2004

Weird Weekends..

What a miserable weekend, eh? Cold & Rainy for the last two days! Now, I gotta say, I hate it when people bitch about too many dry days only to bitch about rain, but . . . when you have a pile of homeowork to do, miserable days don't help. It only makes me want to curl up with a cat, coffee and a book and maybe even take a nap! How am I supposed to get work done like that?

Out Domestic Violence vigil was Thursday. It went well, made a lot of people cry, as usual. TV6 gave us good coverage, and even the horrendously right-wing Mining Urinal was there. I wish there had been more attendees, but I'm never satisfied with that sort of thing.

Friday was Homecoming, the parade part, at least. Our theme was 'Digging up the Past', so Vox played up the Suffrage. (remember the fight for the right to vote? Back in the early 1900's... 19th amendment... yea, you got it!) Too bad many of our peers didn't get it. We had two banners, one saying "Votes For Women" and the other "Mr. President, When Will Women Have Our Liberty?" A lot of people thought we were protesting Shrubbers, one gal shouted out "but women Can vote!" and a truckful of soccer girls told us they 'didn't get it'. Oh dear!

On the nice side, there were a lot of cheers and positive things, too. We may be controversial sometimes, but dammit, people notice us!!

The College Dems played Farenheit 9/11 last night, too. It was my second time seeing it. Still pissed me off, still made me sad. I know there is a lot of spin, I know that Moore goes for the outrageous, but there is a lot of truth there, too. It balances out with the bullshit on the TV. Or, BUll SHit, as I saw on a t-shirt.

Hey, no matter what, go out and vote, okay?? Just vote for something! Oh, and vote NO on prop. 2! I will tell you that one! It is a BAD, BAD proposition!

1 comment:

jo said...

I'm with you, sister! Even the republican in the family agrees. ;-0