4.19.2005

Hello Summer!

Busy days... family will be swarming in to town in the next few days, so we are trying to clean up the joint in preparation. Seems to be the nice thing to do for our guests. Sunday, we cleaned windows and blinds. It was great weather, and, really, the work isn't that hard. Just repetitive. We cleaned the windows (inside and out) in the living room and dining room before getting too worn out to continue. It's amazing, though, how much brighter everything is!

Today I had a job interview at Walden Books. It was alright. The fellow interviewing didn't seem to think I have enough customer service experience. I tried my best to convince him otherwise. When asked why I applied to Waldens, I mention sales exp. and wanting to work in a quiet environment. He makes a face and explains the impending Border Express transition, where the bookstore will become brightly colored, louder and more enthusiastic. Uniforms will be required. *sigh* I must be one of a small number who prefer my bookstores to resemble libraries -quiet, peaceful, help available, but leave me alone unless I ask for assistance, let me just *be* with the books. He says they have tested out this new thing, and it must have worked. He didn't seem to Wow-zered at the end, so my hiring will more likely depend on the rest of the people sucking.

But, it is 80* and gorgeous out. That should make me happy, right?

No comments: