4.02.2005

It's Spring-time in Detroit!

Yah-Hoo! The season's have switched shifts and here we are! I went down to D-Town last week and did my best to soak up every drop of the sunny 60-some degree weather. Mmmmmmmm

I saw that dude, again, the one I SWEAR is from NMU. If only I had the ability to walk up and ask him, 'hey, dude, did you go to NMU just a lil' while ago?' Except, where does it go from there? He says 'yes' and I say, 'yea, thought you looked familiar. Thanks for clearing that up. See ya' ? I mean... I didn't actually know him. I just knew of him, as he stands out a bit in the crowd. Okay, he's tall. I notice tall guys. Really tall, about 6'2"? So... yea.

I got fingerprinted at the 13th precinct. This was fabulous for 2 reasons: a.) the 13th precinct is apparently the setting/inspiration for . . . ? some movie, I believe. I don't remember. Hugo, fill this one in, would ya? and b.) it's really fun to walk into a cop shop and ask to be printed. They all just stared at me like I was a nutter, then looked around at one another, clueless. That stuff is seriously sticky and messy though... the copper (who was shorter than me) lets me into the bathroom to wash my paws and I had the choice of boiling or freezing water. Naturally, the boiling is better for removing fingerprinting goo. And, naturally, I spent a good part of the rest of the day with fingerprinting goo on my hands.

Hugo and I went to the DIA to get cultured. Good stuff there. Going with the Detroit theme, the DIA has remixed their art. It's more stimulating that way, and I daresay I like it. Mostly, though, I liked the new exhibit in the back, "Big". That's not the title, it was a two-worder, but that's the summary of it. Yea, the summary. It was quiet in there, with only 3 other viewers, one reporter gal, a worker gal and a cute dude that seemed to be a blend of both. There were some really impressive pieces in there. To any of my devoted readers in the Detroit area, I highly advise you get on down and groove to the art.

Groove on, my friend.

No comments: